It’s a new year, and that means millions of Americans across the nation are making resolutions to improve their lives and their health. For many people, this means starting a diet, only to quit said diet somewhere around the middle of February (if you’re lucky). Because let’s face it, most “diets” have a lot of bland food. Well, we want to put an end to flavorless Styrofoam food items and help you keep your new year’s resolutions to eat a little healthier this year.
Bonus, many of these recipes are Keto friendly. Continue reading to learn more about how you can utilize your Windermere, FL outdoor kitchen to make food that’s bursting with flavor and not at the seams of your pants.
We give you a full, healthy meal, from start to finish, that you can serve at your next backyard party.
When it comes to eating healthy, especially if you’re following a ketogenic diet, the mains are indeed the star of the show and probably what you’re going to fill up on. So fire up your Windermere, FL barbecue grill and try these tasty main dishes on for size:
- Grilled Asparagus & Steak Fajita Roll-Ups – For a more “dressed up” main dish, serve up these mouth-watering steak and asparagus fajita roll-ups from Eat Well 101. These paleo-friendly, low-carb roll-ups will give your much-loved steak fajitas a run for their money. And, you won’t even miss the tortilla, with the Greek yogurt-based cilantro dipping sauce served on the side.
- Gluten-Free & Keto Roasted BBQ Chicken Wings – Meal Preppers unite! Not only does this recipe work great for feeding tons of people at a party, but you can also use it to meal-prep for yourself for the rest of the week. Imagine dining on delicious BBQ grilled chicken whenever your heart desires–now that’s a diet we can stick to!
- Grilled Tri-Tip with Onions & Peppers – For a super easy, crowd-pleasing, juicy hunk of meat to serve to your guests, you can’t go wrong with this Grilled Tri-Tip from Butter Your Biscuit. Just as the website suggests, this recipe is an excellent addition to your grilling rotation and a fantastic way to kick off your grilling season this year.
Move over potato salad, macaroni salad, and simple, complex carbs, there’s a new side (sides) in town, and they are better for you and packed with flavor. Go ahead and have seconds of these tasty sides:
- Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushroom Skewers – We all now that veggies are part of a well balanced diet. So with that in mind these mushroom skewers are great by themselves or with a full meal. Grill these up on your Windermere bbq grill the next time friends are over, and they’ll be asking you for the recipe so they can share it with their family and friends.
- Spicy Grilled Eggplant with Red Pepper, Parsley & Mint – This easy to make, tasty low-carb, Keto, gluten-free side will fill you up enough that you may not even have enough room for dessert.
- Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan – Grilled asparagus is pretty much synonymous with American grilling simply because it’s amazingly fast and easy to cook, and it pairs well with any meat you are serving at your BBQ.
For Your Sweet Tooth
At Paradise Grills, we believe everyone should live the good life, and that means indulging in the sweet life now and then. These grilled treats will satisfy your sweet tooth and won’t derail your diet:
- Cinnamon Sugar Grilled Peaches – Yes, please! According to High Heels and Grills, these quick to make desserts taste like peach cobbler without all the carbs. Give them a try at your next get together.
- Honey Rum Grilled Bananas – These grilled bananas will make you never want any other thing for dessert. Try using coconut rum at your next family cook-out and enjoy the taste of the islands as you lounge under your Windermere Tiki Hut.
We hope you enjoy these health-conscious grilling recipes! Let us know if you try any of these recipes out on your outdoor kitchen in Windermere and what you thought!